Raising the standards!
Moving house is not something we do very often, so it makes the whole process more difficult and stressful.
How do we now if we are going to get the right removal company to move us, who know what they are doing? The simple answer is ask them!!
Long gone are the days of the dad & lad with the clapped-out old Bedford van and the storage warehouse in the lean-to at the bottom of the garden. Any worthy removal company nowadays must have a modern, alarmed warehouse and a purpose built H.G.V removal trucks. A removal contractor that operates an h.g.v truck is within itself a massive reassurance to the customer as it promotes the following advantages
1. To operate a H.g.v. removal lorry the company has to provide evidence that thy can service and maintain their vehicle on a regular basis
2. They need to be certified professionally competent to operate them and have an adequate base to operate from.
3. The third and probably most important to the customer is as follows; H.g.v drivers including removal lorry drivers must take part in periodic training. This will provide qualifications in the following elements, for example.
VEHICLE LOAD HANDLING SYSTEMS AND SAFE VEHICLE LOADING
PERSONAL WELL BEING IN TRANSPORT & HEALTH AND SAFETY
PRINCIPLES OF SAFE, ECONOMIC AND DEFENSIVE DRIVING
This is a major step forward to raise the standards of the transport industry and thus should pass confidence on to the customer on the service they will receive.
When meeting a representative of a removal contractor don’t be afraid to ask
1. Will the staff be well experienced and trained
2. Do they have H.G.V.removal trucks with qualified drivers
3. What previous contracts can they boast
4. How long have they been established
5. Are the staff fully employed and uniformed
Remember there are no laws as to who can set up a removal company with a 3.5 ton luton van, but there are laws and regulations who can operate a H.G.V
removal lorry. By asking a few questions it could safeguard your possessions by trusting them to a qualified remover. MOVING FORWARD, EXPRESS MOVERS ARE PROUD TO ADHERE TO THE BRITISH STANDARDS INSTITUTE BS EN 12522 THE INCREASINGLY KNOWN EUROPEAN STANDARD FOR HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE REMOVALS, FOR THE PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL.